“The Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home–but not for housing. They are strong for labor–but they are stronger for restricting labor’s rights. They favor minimum wage–the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all–but they won’t spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine–for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing–but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing–so long as it doesn’t spread to all the people. And they admire the Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it.”
The Democratic Party is suppose to be the party of human rights and social justice, noted by President Harry S Truman. The New Deal Administration and The Great Society Programs where an example of what the Democrats used to be about.
For the past 40 years the Democrats have become more and more like Republicans. Those who came out for Sanders wanted a return to the progressive era.
Donald Trump has become President of the United States thanks to the DNC. We now now have the worse President in US History. The electoral college has let us down.
The Electoral college, 20 States actually select a President.
Three immediate failures on the Democrats.
1. The failure to make each state a compact state, making the electoral vote add to popular vote.
2. Ending Filibustering.
3. Adapting to a true Progressive Platform rather than a establishment platform.
In a few short weeks the Trump rein has been a total disaster, even house Republicans
Trump can be defended on the Racist thing when it came to immigrants.
“My policy is similar to what President Obama did in 2011 when he banned visas for refugees from Iraq for six months,” Trump said.
So is this accurate? Did President Obama do something similar to this? Well, sort of, but not really. The The Washington Post‘s Fact Checker column gave the claim two “Pinnochios,” in determining the truth of this claim, and with good reason.
Trump’s order bans all refugees from entering the country for 120 days, restricts all refugees from Syria indefinitely, and bars anyone from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, or Yemen from entering the U.S. for 90 days. This is supposedly to give the U.S. time to figure out more stringent vetting processes for people entering the country. At first, this order was even being applied to people who were already granted visas who had arrived in the U.S., only to be told they weren’t welcome. An ACLU lawsuit resulted in a stay of the order for people in that situation, but the order is still far-reaching.
According to an ABC News article from 2013, the Obama administration did indeed cease processing Iraqi refugees from entering the U.S. in 2011 for a six-month period, even people who had previously helped U.S. forces in Iraq. One person who applied for refugee status was killed while waiting to be processed. Obamas hands are not exactly clean on this matter.
The Democrats have also failed at: 1. Workers Rights 2. The War on Poverty 3. Dissolving Secret Governments 4. Supporting a Living Wage 5. National Health Care.
They had a few small victories, like equal pay, a few environmental issues. They threw us under a bus with National Health Care. Former Rep Tom Harkins said, “We had all the votes, everyone was for it, we where thrown under a bus for the AHCA”
Blame Republican obstructionism, partly true, but the last for years Obama costed.
1. Obama’s caver-in-chief leadership style. Caved into Republicans on almost everything.
2. Obama’s deportation of nearly 2 million undocumented immigrants.
3. Obama’s coziness with, and failure to regulate or punish, the big banks.
In Iceland the CEO’s where punished and the people where comensated, in America the opposite happened.
4. Obama’s education “reformers” are corporate privatizers.
5. Obama’s call to ramp-up and embrace of our now pervasive surveillance state
6. Obama’s dedication to secrecy and his hypocrisy about drones7. Obama’s attempt to ram through the corporation-loving, people-harming Trans-Pacific Partnership in secret
8. Obama’s failure to do much about the racist drug war and discriminatory sentencing.
9. Obama’s counter productive energy policy.
10. Obama’s huge expansion of the number of countries where we are fighting secret wars with Special Ops.
So, this is what the Democrats have come too?